Saturday, June 7, 2014

My Philosophy of Teaching

Many teachers have different philosophies for teaching.  I am in the process of getting my certification, so I cannot say for sure what my philosophy will be when I finally become a teacher, however, I do have a pretty good idea of some of the goals I would like to meet and opportunities I would like to provide to my students.  First, I would like to have an organized classroom where students can independently access the tools they need to complete their assignments.  I want them to feel comfortable to go about the classroom finding new books to read and new activities to engage in.  I also want my students to feel safe, secure and free from anxiety.  In order to achieve this I want to get to know my students and learn their likes and dislikes, and how they learn best.  I would my students to see me as a role model, and someone they can trust.  I think that in order for learning to occur in the classroom, children need to feel engaged and motivated.  Cluster 12 discussed many ways for motivation, such as intrinsic and extrinsic motivation and ways to encourage motivation that I will definitely revisit when the time comes for me to become a classroom teacher. 

Check out this video cool video about teaching philosophies!




No comments:

Post a Comment