Monday, June 2, 2014

So How did I do?

For my theorist project I taught a lesson on Urie Bronfenbrenner.  Before doing this project I had never heard of this educational psychologist, but, after doing some research I found I am very interested in what he has to say!  Bronfenbrenner's theory on development is one that I can understand, process, and relate too.  His bioecologial model of development focuses on how the changes and interactions that occur within our surrounding environment have an affect on our development.  He do not only refer to the environment as being nature, but the social environment we live and work in.  I found this powerpoint to be a great experience and I loved teaching about it.  It felt great to hear and see my peers being interested in something that I was explaining to them.  Click here to check out my powerpoint on Urie Bronfenbrenner!  After teaching my lesson, I had the other students in my class complete an assessment to see how much they learned about Urie Bronfenbrenner and his bioecological model.  Check out the results below! 

Summary

What type of model did Bronfenbrenner create?

Bioecological686%
Biological00%
Sociological114%
He didn't create a model00%

Bronfenbrenner is known for helping to found which program?

Race to the Top00%
Head Start7100%
No Child Left Behind00%
ObamaCare00%

What does the chronosystem encompass?

immediate relationships00%
relationships between the teacher and the school administration00%
the individual00%
the time period7100%

Where was Bronfenbrenner born?

Slovakia7100%
United States00%
France00%
Sweden00%

What is your opinion of the model presented by Urie Bronfenbrenner and do you think it is a valid model. Why or why not?

I think it is a valid model. Not many models include self and what self gives off and receives in return. It is also good to see the model illustrated I am a visual person so seeing a model in a model was a great touch. I think his model is valid for the main reason (and opinion) that we as individuals develop through social interaction. Importantly, as teachers, we should be cognizant of these interactions especially with our students and identify situations where there may be concern. The model presented represents how the environment interacts with each individual. I think it is valid because the examples provided make logical sense when you reflect on them. I thought it was great. I loved the layers in his system and how they can impact a person, even if it seems insignificant. I think it is very valid because it makes sense and the research supports it. My opinion on his model is that it is interesting. At first, the ideas seemed like general knowledge, but it made me look deeper into how certain people, events, groups, geographic locations, etc effect us and our development. I do think this is a valid model that takes several different life aspects into consideration. I thought the model presented by Urie Bronfenbrenner was spot on with the layers. I never really thought of how each individual thing affects us. After looking at this model I compared it to a real life situation I just had. I had a wedding in Hawaii this past week that I had to grow accustomed to the culture and way of life down there. Coming back yesterday to the city was very overwhelming for me and I had a hard time getting use to the environment and the culture that surrounded me. I think the model that Bronfenbrenner presented was a very valid model. It really made sense, especially with the interactions between people. Great job Lisa!

No comments:

Post a Comment